3.06.2007

The Field Marshall


Thanks to Diluvienne, I decided to find out what some hack, a professed disciple of Mr. Carl Jung no doubt, had to say about my personality. Probably should have waited for a coffee break, but why delay the fun? According to a Jung Typology Test, I'm eNTj, the Field Marshall.

Strength of the preferences %
Extroverted
- 22
Intuitive
- 75
Thinking -
12
Judging -
89



More specifically, I am:
  • slightly expressed extrovert
  • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • very expressed judging personality
A few bits from their explanations.
1. "ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader."
... a *CULT LEADER* Beware of outsiders and be sure to drink the KoolAid on the way out.
2. Other famous eNTj people: Richard Milhouse Nixon (!), General Norman Schwarzkopf, Whoopi Goldberg, Candace Bergen, Newt Gingrich, Patrick Stewart, Margaret Thatcher, Sigourney Weaver, and Steve Martin.
... I take such pleasure from the fact that I'm placed with such a group.... We've got Tricky Dick, Stormin' Norman, Murphy Brown, Jean Luc Picard, the Iron Lady, Ripley, and a Festrunk Brother (think, "We're two wild and crazy guys!").

I might have something larger to say on the topic, but my scores for Extraverted Thinking, what you might call "Unequivocating", are quite low. As the web site tells, "Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone."

2 comments:

Trust in Steel said...

It's good to see you explored your personality with such a reliable methodology as this person's book. I would be afraid at what it might say about my myriad of personalities. On a more important note, I think it would be great if everyone started wearing stylish high collar shirts like Elvis had on in the picture.

another kind of nerd said...

So true, so true. Particularly the collar part... ;]