12.08.2006

Perhaps this could be considered mean, but....

... I can't resist. R! and I perused Craigslist last night with reckless abandon. It was a mostly horrifying project, though there were some real gems in there. Anyway, we took a gander at my hometown, the Crack (in oh so many senses), and just about died laughing. I know its mean. Really, its the equivalent of stopping on the street and pointing at someone while laughing and then stopping other people to tell them to look as well... that is, if you can tell them through your laugh induced tears. But sometimes people do the most ridiculous things. I have no problem with people trying to connect with other people on the internet. Go crazy. But people, be smart about it! And if you're not smart, well.... I don't know what to say.

Why I didn't go back to the Crack: Reason 39270-A279, provided by Craigslist.

Posted November 25th
Still looking - m4w - 49
Still looking - m4w - 49 Hello, I'm just looking for some fun and some one to hang out with.


Posted December 4th
What the hell ------? - m4w - 49
What the hell ------? - m4w - 49So what the heck IS wrong with the people in ------? No ladies in this town want to hook up? I've posted 2 ads and no replies from ------. Send me a message ladies and lets start having some FUN!

10 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

The fun you describe - "the equivalent of stopping on the street and pointing at someone while laughing and then stopping other people to tell them to look as well" - was enought to get the whole Seinfeld gang put in prison.

Seriously, though, those posts are VERY funny.

another kind of nerd said...

Ha! Its off to the The Clink for me!

r? said...

How could someone be so bold as to resist that greasy thin long hair and that awsome moustache?

Dolce Vita said...

Notice how he has his shirt off - just to sweeten the deal.

Ok, ok, my eyes are tearing up now.

another kind of nerd said...

Are they tearing up from laughing or the all together horrorifying picture... honestly!

Dolce Vita said...

A little of both, but mostly laughter.

This makes me want to do a similar experiment with Craigslist for my hometown (which is so similar to Crack). Ha!

Rachel said...

How can you make fun of the Yak?? Dang it! Why didn't I get my stupid certificate the first time around? yay for the nearest town being a place where this dude actually thinks he's hot stuff. And I sent this link to friends to continue the laughter. That dude is really, truly, sad.

Matto said...

I'm nearly speechless. That guy has the trifecta...a mullet, no shirt, and the stache. I've never seen them all combined before. God help us.

A said...

AWESOME! He is even well on the way sporting a skirted eggshell (bald head + mullet)

Cabiria said...

That is so painful, I almost want to cry. But then I also really, really don't want to be anywhere near his shirtless self. That picture is freaky!