1.29.2007

Mr. George Strait

a toast to Mr. George Strait

A toast to Mr. George Strait. This weekend I made an especially quick trip (more on that score later) up to Seattle to see George Strait in concert with my brother and sister. That's right, people. George Strait. Mr. George Strait. "All My Exes Live in Texas" Mr. George Strait. Yes, I still listen to new country music, though I can't say I do it that often anymore. But sometimes when I hear twin fiddles and a steel guitar.... er, uh, yeah. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, it was a gorgeous day up in Seattle, ran some errands with the sis, went to the concert, then beat feet home. You'll recall, dear reader, that I said it was an especially quick trip. It was so quick the state patrolman outside of Olympia thought I should slow down. Doh! As Washington no longer receives my sales tax on a regular basis, I choose to view the ticket as my little way of supporting the state budget. I think that is what we would call the glass being half full. Whatev.

2 comments:

Matto said...

Good job keeping up your country listening. I'm trying to remember Geroge's nickname...something like "the elder statesman of country" but less stuffy/nerdish.

Rachel said...

oh, you should have asked about the speed traps... :) Washington can actually afford staters, unlike Oregon. Once you get past Olympia though, you're home clear until Longview. I should know. :) That's where I got pulled over five years ago, but was given a warning because the trooper's daughter also played French Horn. Ah, the perks of being a band geek....