9.24.2006

to the wineries!

Fantastic. Marathon birthday outings (11:00am to 11:00pm) have the potential to be very trying for all involved. But the rewards of a successful outing make it worth the risk. We mangaged to happily cram ourselves into a midsize car and traverse the valley in search of wine and good food. With the warm embrace of the sun, we found both. We regailed each other with entertaining stories, updates, and brilliant moments of open and honest communication. "No, no, no... keep going.... You have your pass, its okay... tell me one more thing. I want to know..."

Did I mention there was wine invovled? I believe this particular wine I'm smelling had a unusually grapey and "foxy" bouquet. The "foxy" bit came directly from their description... I can really make no logical smell connection to "foxy," but there you have it.

We also engaged in some roadside piracy. As Halloween is approaching, the folks at the Black Cat Commune are gearing up for the decorating whirlwind. Thus anything that involves cornstalks or is remotely autumnal is fair game. I believe Martha Stewart has been consulted. The only thing left to plan is the corn maze outing....


The night ended with a top notch dinner followed by analysis of our astrology charts and cake. Mmmm, cake. Good times. As fair warning, I have a lot of Sagittarius and Scorpio.



3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

I am very, very jealous. That is all.

Rachel said...

Ditto - got sick on the plane and am currently holed up in my room. Would love to be out sampling wine and eating cake. I hope the Guild paid for it... ;)

Anonymous said...

yes...martha demanded that i make glitter pumpkins...what is next?