10.11.2009

October Fun

I love October. Seriously, I could break into verse at any point because I love it so much. Rather than bore you with that, I'll bore you with a list. Why I love October:
  • yellow, orange, and red leaves
  • sweaters without coats
  • the fun angle of your shadow on the ground
  • the idea of baseball playoffs
  • transition
  • running through leaves
  • the crisp smell in the air
  • gourds
  • corn maze
  • halloween
  • apple cider
  • brown liquor
I could go on. But I'll leave it at that. And as a party favor, also leave you with this picture I snapped with my cell phone yesterday. Oh, I'd also like to offer up some excellent Hug Attttaaaaaack warm-fuzzies to everyone. I'll get to see the Cool Kids of Cali this week and my homie M's fiancee comes back from Iraq on Monday.



interesting beer rest

4 comments:

The Bandit said...

I, too, love October. Especially the part about brown liquor. I have been feeling the crud coming on so last night I partook in some of the delicious bourbon you bought the boss for his birthday!

The Bandit said...

Oh yea, M's fiance made it home, I can confirm from a FB picture.

Dolce Vita said...

I agree completely that October is wonderful!

So, just the idea of playoffs, not the actual playoffs?

Esther K said...

I miss the beautiful leaves on CWU's campus!!! I LOVE this time of year too!!!!