10.01.2007

Sweet October

Rejoice my friends, for today is the 1st of October. Rejoice in sweater weather. Rejoice in cool nights. Rejoice in the sharp light of the sun as we turn on our axis. Rejoice in the World Series. Rejoice in piles of leaves that welcome an enterprising individual's leap. Even in the earthy smell of the leaves as they break down. In apple cider. In crisp mornings. In yellow, orange, and flaming red leaves. In ghosties and goblins demanding tricks and treats. In corn mazes. Rejoice in transitioning, summer to winter.

October, an august occasion.

5 comments:

kungfuramone said...

E getting her POETICAL on!

I approve.

Dolce Vita said...

You've said it all!

The Bandit said...

You had me until World Series....anyway, I too am excited about the coming of fall but am in a bitter mood so I had to stomp on all your happy feelings for a moment.

another kind of nerd said...

Boo!

Cabiria said...

Love the October! The corn maze awaits...